Blackman Stream Alewife Cross Country RunMay 21st at 8:30am at Maine Forest and Logging
Museum. Proceeds support ongoing community
activities at MFLM. Visit their website for further information.
Children's Days at Maine Forest & Logging Museum
May 25 - 27 from 9am - 1pm. Learn about Maine's logging history, life in the 1790s and more. Reservations are required. $5/person. Visit their website for more information.
Doug Tallamy on Creating Living Landscapes
On June 30 at 7pm Doug Tallamy, entomologist, wildlife ecologist, and author of Bringing Nature Home, will present in Blue Hill. See further details from Blue Hill Heritage Trust here.
Visit L.L. Bean's website to see some of their upcoming events in Freeport.
Special to Moosehead Matters - November 2015
by The Nature Conservancy - June 30, 2015.
FSM Forestland Steward Erica enjoying a fall hike at Gulf Hagas.
Read more about Erica and our Moosehead presence in the article below.
(Photo by Jeremy Dubois)
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - February 10, 2015
Portland Press Herald - December 25, 2014
Bangor Daily News - December 24, 2014
- FSM's Land Trust Accreditation
Land Trust Accreditation Committee press release - December 17, 2014
- August is the perfect time to celebrate the wonders of the Moosehead Lake region
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - August 19, 2014
- New LMF grant boosts conservation, recreation
Press release from the Maine Land Trust Network - accessed August 4, 2014
- Maine is a leader in conservation easements
by Joe Rankin, feature article from Forest for Maine's Future - July 28, 2014
More news from the Forest Society of Maine
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - December 23, 2014
- Moosehead offers FSM Board outdoor fun, local insights
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - July 15, 2014
- Moosehead Lake region public-private recreational initiative
Press release from the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry - July 2, 2014
- Work to conserve 14,000 acres underway in Maine's 100-Mile Wilderness
Guest blog post for Forest for Maine's Future - June 12, 2014
- Forest Society of Maine: Preserving the tradition of public access in Maine’s North Woods
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - April 1, 2014
- KIW - Silver Lake project to guarantee public access, protect key habitats
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - March 18, 2014
- Leadership needed for brook trout, says retired biologist Roger AuClair
by George Smith, George's Outdoor News (Bangor Daily News online) - November 25, 2013
- New conservation project to benefit outdoor recreation, economy
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - November 19, 2013
- 1-minute hike: Partridge and Ducktail Ponds in Amherst
by Aislinn Sarnacki, Bangor Daily News Outdoors - November 19, 2013
- Carey Kish: A look at the Amherst Mountains Community Forest
Portland Press Herald, November 3, 2013
Check Us Out On Facebook