Maine Land Conservation Conference 2015
April 24 & 25 at the Mt. Ararat Middle School and Orion Performing Arts Center in Topsham, Maine.
Click here for more information.
April Live Wildlife Show
Photo from Maine Audubon
Visit Gilsland Farm Audubon Center for their annual spring live animal show Friday, April 24 from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. The Center for Wildlife will bring furry and feathered guests to Gilsland Farm so participants can get a closer look at some of the wildlife that Maine Audubon works to conserve.
The show takes place indoors and usually sells out. To register contact Beth Pauls at (207) 781-2330 ext 273. Walk-ins welcome if space remains available. Cost--Members: adult $10, child $5; Non-members adult $15, child $10
Invasive Forest Insect Outreach Volunteer Training
Training for those interested in learning about invasive forest pests that pose serious threats to the trees and forests of Maine: emerald ash borer (EAB), Asian longhorned beetle (ALB), brown spruce longhorned beetle (BSLB), hemlock wooly adelgid (HWA). Learn how to recognize the insects, the host trees, signs of infestation, and how to survey and report suspicious areas.
May 5, 2015 10am - 2:30pm at Baxter State Park Headquarters in Millinocket, ME. FREE but preregistration required. Email Amy Polyot.
Visit L.L. Bean's website to see some of their upcoming events in Freeport.
FSM Forestland Steward Erica enjoying a fall hike at Gulf Hagas.
Read more about Erica and our Moosehead presence in the article below.
(Photo by Jeremy Dubois)
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - February 10, 2015
Portland Press Herald - December 25, 2014
Bangor Daily News - December 24, 2014
- FSM's Land Trust Accreditation
Land Trust Accreditation Committee press release - December 17, 2014
- August is the perfect time to celebrate the wonders of the Moosehead Lake region
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - August 19, 2014
- New LMF grant boosts conservation, recreation
Press release from the Maine Land Trust Network - accessed August 4, 2014
- Maine is a leader in conservation easements
by Joe Rankin, feature article from Forest for Maine's Future - July 28, 2014
More news from the Forest Society of Maine
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - December 23, 2014
- Moosehead offers FSM Board outdoor fun, local insights
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - July 15, 2014
- Moosehead Lake region public-private recreational initiative
Press release from the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry - July 2, 2014
- Work to conserve 14,000 acres underway in Maine's 100-Mile Wilderness
Guest blog post for Forest for Maine's Future - June 12, 2014
- Forest Society of Maine: Preserving the tradition of public access in Maine’s North Woods
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - April 1, 2014
- KIW - Silver Lake project to guarantee public access, protect key habitats
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - March 18, 2014
- Leadership needed for brook trout, says retired biologist Roger AuClair
by George Smith, George's Outdoor News (Bangor Daily News online) - November 25, 2013
- New conservation project to benefit outdoor recreation, economy
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - November 19, 2013
- 1-minute hike: Partridge and Ducktail Ponds in Amherst
by Aislinn Sarnacki, Bangor Daily News Outdoors - November 19, 2013
- Carey Kish: A look at the Amherst Mountains Community Forest
Portland Press Herald, November 3, 2013