8th Annual Moosehead Lake Togue Derby
Friday, January 23 - Sunday, January 25, 2015 - Greenville, ME
Have fun ice fishing in Maine's North Woods and lend a hand to Maine's Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife by helping control the over-abundant togue population in Maine's largest lake. All proceeds from the Derby go to the Natural Resource Education Center at Moosehead's Fisheries Internship and Enhancement Fund and used to further fisheries management in the Moosehead Lake region.
Leonard's Mills Sleigh Rides
Enjoy a sleigh ride around Leonard's Mills in Bradley. Bring a blanket for the ride, then warm up in the blacksmith shop with hot cocoa. Admission $10 adult, $5 children, 2 and under free. Members $8 and $4. Pay at the gate. February 8 and 22 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Learn more...
Maine Land Conservation Conference 2015
April 24 & 25 at the Mt. Ararat Middle School and Orion Performing Arts Center in Topsham, Maine.
Click here for more information.
2015 Maine Youth Wilderness Leadership Program
Friends of Baxter State Park invites current Maine high school sophomores and juniors to apply for a leadership program that includes a free nine-day wilderness experience in Baxter State Park. The program is August 8-16. The application deadline is February 8, 2015. Learn More...
- FSM's Land Trust Accreditation
Land Trust Accreditation Committee press release - December 17, 2014
- August is the perfect time to celebrate the wonders of the Moosehead Lake region
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - August 19, 2014
- New LMF grant boosts conservation, recreation
Press release from the Maine Land Trust Network - accessed August 4, 2014
- Maine is a leader in conservation easements
by Joe Rankin, feature article from Forest for Maine's Future - July 28, 2014
More news from the Forest Society of Maine
- Moosehead offers FSM Board outdoor fun, local insights
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - July 15, 2014
- Moosehead Lake region public-private recreational initiative
Press release from the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry - July 2, 2014
- Work to conserve 14,000 acres underway in Maine's 100-Mile Wilderness
Guest blog post for Forest for Maine's Future - June 12, 2014
- Forest Society of Maine: Preserving the tradition of public access in Maine’s North Woods
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - April 1, 2014
- KIW - Silver Lake project to guarantee public access, protect key habitats
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - March 18, 2014
- Leadership needed for brook trout, says retired biologist Roger AuClair
by George Smith, George's Outdoor News (Bangor Daily News online) - November 25, 2013
- New conservation project to benefit outdoor recreation, economy
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - November 19, 2013
- 1-minute hike: Partridge and Ducktail Ponds in Amherst
by Aislinn Sarnacki, Bangor Daily News Outdoors - November 19, 2013
- Carey Kish: A look at the Amherst Mountains Community Forest
Portland Press Herald, November 3, 2013