FSM is pleased to co-sponsor two events with the Moosehead Historical Society in summer 2013.
View the Moosehead Historical Society's full 2013 summer calendar here.
July 19, 7:00 p.m. - A Vintage Journey to Katahdin and Baxter State Park. Authors John Neff and Howard Whitcomb to present at the Center for Moosehead History.
August 9, 7:00 p.m. - In the Blood. Musician and filmmaker Sumner McKane presents a multimedia performance that takes the viewer to logging camps and river drives in the 19th century Maine woods. The event will be held at the Center for Moosehead History and the cost of the performance is $10/person. Advance tickets are recommended.
August 9 & 10 - Forest Heritage Days, Greenville, Maine. Two days of fun, food, and - of course - the Game of Logging in Maine's renowned Moosehead Lake region. We hope you will stop at FSM's display to say, "hi." Learn more by visiting the official web site of Forest Heritage Days here.
Maine Senators support adequate funding for national conservation programs
The Forest Society of Maine expresses our thanks to Maine Senator Susan Collins for her co-leadership in developing a letter of support for the Land and Water Conservation Fund and the Forest Legacy Program. The letter was also signed by Maine Senator Angus King. Read more...
More than eight miles of trail are now open for mountain biking at the Perch Pond lands in Old Town!
Visit the Penobscot Region New England Mountain Biking Association for more information and a map of the new trails.
Working to Conserve Watersheds and Recreation Resources
by Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters, April 9, 2013
Forest Society of Maine: Protecting Maine's forest landscape through conservation easement -
by Forests for Maine's Future Writer Joe Rankin, March 25, 2013
Author Joe Rankin explores the history, mission, and accomplishments of the Forest Society of Maine and how our work has affected the forested landscape of Maine's North Woods.
More news from the Forest Society of Maine
- Maine wetlands projects selected for grants - Portland Press Herald, January 14, 2013
- Moosehead Region is the Land of Trails - by Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Messenger, January 8, 2013
- True North: Securing one of America's great recreation areas in Maine - by Kristen Weir, The Nature Conservancy Magazine, November 2012
- Land for Maine's Future Bond is good for business - by Amy Lane of Gray Ghost Camps in Rockwood, ME Special to the Bangor Daily News, Opinion - October 23, 2012
- A man and a mountain: a hiker shares a decades-long story about a 3,000-footer - Bangor Daily News, October 17, 2012
- Alder Stream project adds to mosaic of conserved lands - Moosehead Matters, October 9, 2012
- Conservation can help businesses, communities in Lake region - Bangor Daily News, August 13, 2012