Maine's first-ever Local Wood WORKS Conference
Friday, November 14, 2014 - Augusta Civic Center, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This conference is a unique and exciting opportunity for landowners, foresters, loggers, processors, wood-based businesses, state agencies, conservation organizations, artisans, students, and forest and wood products enthusiasts to connect, learn, and propel Maine’s local wood economy into a sustainable future.
FSM will be in attendance with our display, and FSM Executive Director Alan Hutchinson will speaking at one of the afternoon sessions: Developing policies and programs that support a local wood economy and healthy forests. We hope to see you there! Learn more and register...
8th Annual Moosehead Lake Togue Derby
Friday, January 23 - Sunday, January 25, 2015 - Greenville, ME
Have fun ice fishing in Maine's North Woods and lend a hand to Maine's Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife by helping control the over-abundant togue population in Maine's largest lake. All proceeds from the Derby go to the Natural Resource Education Center at Moosehead's Fisheries Internship and Enhancement Fund and used to further fisheries management in the Moosehead Lake region.
- August is the perfect time to celebrate the wonders of the Moosehead Lake region
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - August 19, 2014
- New LMF grant boosts conservation, recreation
Press elease from the Maine Land Trust Network - accessed August 4, 2014
- Maine is a leader in conservation easements
by Joe Rankin, feature article from Forest for Maine's Future - July 28, 2014
- Moosehead offers FSM Board outdoor fun, local insights
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - July 15, 2014
More news from the Forest Society of Maine
- Moosehead Lake region public-private recreational initiative
Press release from the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry - July 2, 2014
- Work to conserve 14,000 acres underway in Maine's 100-Mile Wilderness
Guest blog post for Forest for Maine's Future - June 12, 2014
- Forest Society of Maine: Preserving the tradition of public access in Maine’s North Woods
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - April 1, 2014
- KIW - Silver Lake project to guarantee public access, protect key habitats
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - March 18, 2014
- Leadership needed for brook trout, says retired biologist Roger AuClair
by George Smith, George's Outdoor News (Bangor Daily News online) - November 25, 2013
- New conservation project to benefit outdoor recreation, economy
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - November 19, 2013
- 1-minute hike: Partridge and Ducktail Ponds in Amherst
by Aislinn Sarnacki, Bangor Daily News Outdoors - November 19, 2013
- Carey Kish: A look at the Amherst Mountains Community Forest
Portland Press Herald, November 3, 2013