Thoreau-Wabanaki Festival July 15-18, Greenville
Moosehead Historical Society:
The Majestic Moose. Wednesday, July 15 at 7pm by Maine Guide Eric Ward and biologist Scott McLellan.
Wildflowers of the Moosehead Lake Region.Thursday, July 16 at 7pm by Paul Johnson.
FSM is one of the sponsors for both events, which will be held at the Center for Moosehead History in Greenville, Maine.
24th Annual Forest Heritage Days
August 6 - 8 at the Greenville Consolidated School in Greenville, Maine. Forest Heritage Days honor the important role, both past and present, that forestry and the forest products industry holds for the state of Maine.
See their website for more information.
Visit L.L. Bean's website to see some of their upcoming events in Freeport.
by The Nature Conservancy - June 30, 2015.
FSM Forestland Steward Erica enjoying a fall hike at Gulf Hagas.
Read more about Erica and our Moosehead presence in the article below.
(Photo by Jeremy Dubois)
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - February 10, 2015
Portland Press Herald - December 25, 2014
Bangor Daily News - December 24, 2014
- FSM's Land Trust Accreditation
Land Trust Accreditation Committee press release - December 17, 2014
- August is the perfect time to celebrate the wonders of the Moosehead Lake region
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - August 19, 2014
- New LMF grant boosts conservation, recreation
Press release from the Maine Land Trust Network - accessed August 4, 2014
- Maine is a leader in conservation easements
by Joe Rankin, feature article from Forest for Maine's Future - July 28, 2014
More news from the Forest Society of Maine
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - December 23, 2014
- Moosehead offers FSM Board outdoor fun, local insights
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - July 15, 2014
- Moosehead Lake region public-private recreational initiative
Press release from the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry - July 2, 2014
- Work to conserve 14,000 acres underway in Maine's 100-Mile Wilderness
Guest blog post for Forest for Maine's Future - June 12, 2014
- Forest Society of Maine: Preserving the tradition of public access in Maine’s North Woods
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - April 1, 2014
- KIW - Silver Lake project to guarantee public access, protect key habitats
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - March 18, 2014
- Leadership needed for brook trout, says retired biologist Roger AuClair
by George Smith, George's Outdoor News (Bangor Daily News online) - November 25, 2013
- New conservation project to benefit outdoor recreation, economy
by FSM Deputy Executive Director Karin R. Tilberg, Moosehead Matters - November 19, 2013
- 1-minute hike: Partridge and Ducktail Ponds in Amherst
by Aislinn Sarnacki, Bangor Daily News Outdoors - November 19, 2013
- Carey Kish: A look at the Amherst Mountains Community Forest
Portland Press Herald, November 3, 2013