FSM Office Coordinator
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2021
Please note: FSM will only be reviewing applications received by email, not Facebook. Thank you.
The Forest Society of Maine (FSM) is a nonprofit statewide land trust. We are a small, highly successful, and well-regarded organization that has helped conserve more than one million acres of Maine forestland for people, wildlife, and the economy. We are looking for someone to join our talented, dynamic team to assist with a variety of office coordination and organizational administration tasks that will help advance our mission to conserve forests throughout Maine. This is a part-time position anticipated to be 20 hours per week with proper COVID restrictions in place. There is potential for the position to grow in hours over time. The position is based in FSM’s downtown office at 115 Franklin Street in Bangor, Maine.
The Office Coordinator provides critical support for FSM’s general office operations, with a focus on assisting the development, outreach, finance, and executive teams, which is the foundation that allows us to undertake our conservation work.
- Answer and screen telephone calls and greet guests in a professional and courteous manner;
- Retrieve, open, and date-stamp mail daily; copy, scan, and distribute appropriately;
- Direct requests received through FSM’s website, general email, and phone to the appropriate staff member(s);
- Filing, photocopying, and scanning;
- Assist with special mailings and upkeep of organizational records;
- Assist with database entries to ensure accurate recordkeeping;
- Manage general office supplies, re-order as needed;
- Serve as liaison to office and equipment service providers as appropriate;
- Assist with communications, scheduling, taking minutes, and arranging logistics for organizational committee and board meetings and special events;
- Provide data entry, administrative support for the president/chief executive officer and development, outreach, and finance staff; and
- Assist in other related aspects of FSM’s operations as needed.
- Associates degree in related field or three years prior office experience required;
- Computer savvy, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and able to learn new programs quickly;
- Database entry experience preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate spelling and proofreading;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to arrange events, meetings, and to take minutes for meetings;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle interruptions while completing tasks efficiently and maintaining attention to detail;
- Must be self-directed but able to work as part of a team; and
- Able to physically perform all required tasks of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Hourly pay commensurate with experience.
Flexibility in 4-hour daily work schedule between the hours of 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. (Mon–Fri)