Job Announcement: PT Office Assistant
The Forest Society of Maine (FSM) is a nonprofit statewide land trust. We are a small, highly successful, and well-regarded organization that has helped conserve more than one million acres of Maine forestland for people, wildlife, and the economy. We are looking for someone to join our talented, dynamic team to assist with a variety of office tasks that will help advance our mission to conserve forests throughout Maine. This is a new part-time position anticipated to be 20 hours per week based in FSM’s downtown Bangor office.
The Office Assistant provides critical support for the Forest Society of Maine’s general office operations, which is the foundation that allows us to undertake our conservation work.
- Answer and screen telephone calls and greet guests in a professional and courteous manner;
- Retrieve, open, and date-stamp mail daily; copy, scan, and distribute appropriately;
- Direct requests received through FSM’s website, general email, and phone to the appropriate staff member(s);
- Help with filing, photocopying, and scanning;
- Assist with special mailings and upkeep of organizational records;
- Assist with database entries to ensure accurate recordkeeping;
- Manage general office supplies, re-order as needed;
- Serve as liaison to office and equipment service providers as appropriate;
- Assist with communications, scheduling, and arranging logistics for organizational meetings and special events;
- Provide administrative support for the executive director and other staff members as required; and
- Assist in other related aspects of FSM’s operations as needed.
- Associates degree in related field or three years prior office experience required;
- Computer savvy, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and able to learn new programs quickly;
- Database entry experience preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate spelling and proof-reading;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle interruptions while completing tasks efficiently and maintaining attention to detail;
- Must be self-directed but able to work as part of a team; and
- Able to physically perform all required tasks of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Hourly pay commensurate with experience
- Flexibility in 4 hour daily work schedule between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Mon. – Fri.)
- Paid parking
Send résumé, cover letter, and references postmarked by January 26 to: FSM Search Committee, 115 Franklin St. 3rd Fl, Bangor ME 04401.